Astrovan is a mobile astronomy educational unit for extending the outreach activities to unreached. The aim of the programme is to propagate scientific temper among the marginalized and people residing in the remote areas with little access to planetariums or science centres.
The unit consists of
- Imported 6” SCT, auto tracking Telescope on GEM mount.
- Imported 6” computerized, Newtonian auto tracking Telescope on GEM mount
- Laptop with required software to operate the above Telescopes.
- Solar and Lunar filters.
- CCD Camera with software for Astrophotography.
- 42” LCD TV with classes on Basic Astronomy and Space Science.
- Stellarium – An interactive software on night sky for Demonstration.
|Schools, Colleges & Residential Areas||